The West Oakland Neighborhood Fair is on Saturday May 7th from 1 to 4 PM at St. Vincent de Paul Community Center, San Pablo Avenue at West Grand Avenue.
Why you need to be there: our amazing, enterprising, creative, rocking neighbors have sought and received over $350 000 for revitalization and beautification projects for our neighborhood, and you can learn all about them and how you can become involved!
• $73,000. West Oakland Green Initiative will plant trees along San Pablo
Avenue and in the surrounding areas.
• $75,000. The San Pablo Corridor Coalition will renovate St. Andrew’s Plaza.
• $75,000. Oakland Public Works will install motion activated devices with
24/7 monitoring against illegal dumping.
• $75,000. Attitudinal Healing will paint beautiful murals along the I-580
underpass between San Pablo Avenue and Martin Luther King, Junior Way
• $5,000. Keep Oakland Beautiful will enhance San Pablo Avenue.
• $50,000. The Crucible will get a new entry and facade improvements
• EBALDC’s progress in the revitalization of California Hotel.
Did you see that?! They are going to start monitoring the trash dumping in our neighborhood! Those idiots are finally going to be getting in trouble, without our neighbor Randy having to drive around after them to scare them!
So really: if you ever thought about becoming more active about neighborhood stuff and wondered who the people are who are doing all the moving and shaking, this is your time! You can become one of them! And you may start getting invited to those fabulous secret cocktail parties you may have been hearing about!
Most importantly, if you come to the Neighborhood Fair you will see what beautiful, fun, caring, sweet, fantastic people you share a neighborhood with.